As fall is upon us and we all are working towards our end of year goals, another important milestone of the year is also upon us – National Philanthropy Day®. This year, our community celebrates 21 years of National Philanthropy Day in Central Virginia with a luncheon on November 17th. Since 1996, the Central Virginia Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals has honored 121 philanthropists, businesses, and volunteers for the extraordinary impact they have made in Central Virginia and beyond.
This year’s honorees are leaders in the community whose contributions have made a significant impact on education, the arts, housing, and more.
The 2017 award recipients are:
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Mr. Jim Ukrop, nominated by Richmond Performing Arts Alliance
- Enduring Philanthropic Partner Award: HandCraft Services, nominated by Bon Secours Richmond Health Care Foundation
- Outstanding Organizational Partner Award: Midas of Richmond, nominated by St. Joseph’s Villa and Shalom Farms
- Spirit of Philanthropy Award: Mustaches for Kids Richmond, nominated by Greater Richmond SCAN
- Transformational Philanthropy Award: Dr. Claire Millhiser Rosenbaum and Mrs. Mildred Millhiser Heltzer, nominated by Bon Secours Richmond Health Care Foundation
- Volunteer Impact Award: Mrs. Florence Z. Segal, nominated by Gateway Homes, Inc.
- Youth Philanthropy Award: Collegiate RAMPS Club, nominated by Collegiate School
National Philanthropy Day® is a celebration of Central Virginia’s philanthropic spirit. The awards given at the luncheon recognize the leaders in the community who make a true impact on the quality of life, cultural vibrancy, and fabric of our region.
We hope you will consider being a part of this year’s National Philanthropy Day® celebration!